RECIPES & MEALS
Classic Pan Gravy
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* Pan drippings from roasted turkey
* 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
* 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
What to do:
1. Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
2. Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
3. Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
4. Pour drippings mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.