RECIPES & MEALS
Easy Curried Chicken with Potatoes
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
* 1/4 c. white wine vinegar (60 mL)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger (30 mL)
* 1 Tbsp. curry powder (15 mL)
* 1 tsp. ground cumin (5 mL)
* 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (2 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. ground cloves (1 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (1 mL)
* 2 tsp. mustard seeds (10 mL)
* 1 tsp. ground coriander (5 mL)
* 2 lbs. chicken pieces (1kg)
* 1/4 c. canola oil (60 mL)
* 2 large onions, chopped
* 1 (28 oz./796 mL) can diced tomatoes
* 1 cinnamon stick
* salt and pepper to taste
* 12 baby yellow potatoes
* 1/4 c. chopped cilantro (60 mL)
What to do:
1. Combine vinegar, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin, cardamom, cloves, red pepper flakes, mustard seeds and ground coriander in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Place mixture in large bowl. Add chicken and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil and toss to coat chicken well. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until golden, about 7 minutes. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned, turning pieces once, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick. Serve chicken and potatoes in soup bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro.
* Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
Calories: 290; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 550mg;