RECIPES & MEALS
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 4 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, rinsed, dried and coarsely chopped
* 1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed, dried and coarsely chopped
* 1/2 c. canola oil (125 mL)
* 1/4 c. red wine vinegar (60 mL)
* 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (15 mL)
* 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (45 mL)
* 1 tsp. salt (5 mL)
* 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes (5 mL)
* 1/2 tsp. cumin (2 mL)
What to do:
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse until sauce reaches pesto-like texture. Transfer to bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use. Use within 2 to 3 days.
* This Argentinian salsa is a terrific partner for grilled fish and meat. Canola oil™s neutral taste lets the flavors of bold ingredients take charge.
* Recipe courtesy of Nathan Fong and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 180; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 390mg;