RECIPES & MEALS
RITZ« Spicy Chicken Meatballs
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
* 5 stalks celery, divided
* 1 lb. ground chicken
* 60 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 2-1/2 c.), divided
* 1/2 c. hot pepper sauce, divided
* 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
* 1/3 c. oil
* 3/4 c. KRAFT ROKA Blue Cheese Dressing
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 375░F.
2. Chop 1 celery stalk finely; mix with chicken, 1 cup cracker crumbs and 3 Tbsp. hot sauce just until blended. Shape into 24 balls.
3. Mix remaining hot sauce and butter in shallow bowl. Place remaining cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowl. Roll chicken balls, 1 at a time, in hot sauce mixture, then in crumbs until evenly coated.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken balls, in batches; cook 3 to 4 min. or until lightly browned, turning after 2 min. Drain on paper towels. (Note: Meatballs will not be done but will finish cooking in the oven.) Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until done (165║F). Meanwhile, cut remaining celery into thin sticks.
6. Serve meatballs with dressing and celery sticks.
* Serving Suggestion: Prepare and bake meatballs as directed. Insert a celery stick into each meatball to serve.
* Shortcut: Omit oil. Shape chicken mixture into meatballs; coat with hot sauce mixture, then crumbs as directed. Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 375░F oven 30 to 35 min. or until done, turning after 15 min.
* Substitute: Prepare using ground turkey.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 130; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 220mg;