RECIPES & MEALS
Chicken and Seafood in Tomato White Wine Sauce
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 31 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. canola oil (30 mL)
* 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1/2-in. strips (500 g)
* 1/2 tsp. salt (2 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. pepper (1 mL)
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) tomatoes
* 1/3 c. white wine (75 mL)
* 2 tsp. paprika (10 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. saffron (1 mL)
* 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces (250 g)
* 1/2 c. medium uncooked shrimp (125 mL)
* 12 clams, scrubbed (optional)
* 1/2 c. lobster meat (optional) (125 mL)
* 2 Tbsp. chopped green olives (30 mL)
What to do:
1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is just cooked through, and juices run clear, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
3. Add garlic and onion to pan and sauté until onion is transparent. Add tomatoes, white wine, paprika and saffron. Let simmer about 10 minutes.
4. Add green beans, shrimp and clams. Continue to cook, covered, for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in lobster meat and olives.
* Tip: Serve with brown rice.
* Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
Calories: 230; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 520mg;