RECIPES & MEALS
Caribbean Mango Chicken
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. chicken breasts cut into strips (500 g
* 2 tsp. curry powder (10 mL)
* 1/2 tsp. salt (2 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. pepper (1 mL)
* 3 Tbsp. canola oil, divided (45 mL)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger (15 mL)
* 1 red pepper cut into strips
* 1 yellow or orange pepper, cut into strips
* 2 stalks celery, cut on diagonal
* 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) light coconut milk
* 2 tsp. lemon zest (10 mL)
* 1 large mango, cut into bite-size pieces
* 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil (30 mL)
What to do:
1. Season chicken with curry powder, salt and pepper.
2. In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken until just cooked, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
3. Add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) canola oil to pan. Sauté garlic and ginger along with peppers and celery. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add coconut milk, lemon zest and mango, along with chicken. Heat through. Stir in basil.
5. Serve with short grain rice.
* Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
Calories: 340; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 18g; Sodium: 260mg;