RECIPES & MEALS
Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided (30 mL)
* 2 lbs. medium-sized shrimps, peeled and de-veined (1 kg)
* 1 red onion, sliced
* 3 garlic cloves, chopped
* 4 c. tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 L)
* 2 c. chicken or vegetable broth (500 mL)
* 2 Tbsp. chipotle chile in adobo sauce (30 mL)
* 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano (2 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (1 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. salt (1 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper (1 mL)
What to do:
1. In skillet, sauté shrimp in 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Cook until they begin to turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
2. Add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes and add tomatoes. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, add broth, chile, oregano and cinnamon. Continue cooking and reduce sauce by one-third.
3. Add shrimp and heat until they are pink and fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
* Recipe courtesy of Chef Guadalupe García de León and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 140; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Total Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 740mg;