RECIPES & MEALS
Arugula and Mackerel Salad
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. canola oil (30 mL)
* 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (15 mL)
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1/2 tsp. paprika (2 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. salt (1 mL)
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (1 mL)
* 1 Tbsp. canola oil (15 mL)
* 12 oz. mackerel fillets (340g)
* 2 c. arugula (500 mL)
* 2 c. spinach (500 mL)
* 1 c. chopped cilantro (250 mL)
What to do:
1. To make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and sauté mackerel until fish just begins to flake.
3. In large bowl, combine arugula, spinach and cilantro with vinaigrette. To serve, divide salad among 4 plates and top with fish.
* Recipe courtesy of Chef Guadalupe García de León, Mexico City and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 214; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 32mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 203mg; Potassium: 219mg;