RECIPES & MEALS
Chicken 'n Waffle "Tacos"
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 13 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 16 strips
* 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
* 8 round frozen waffles, thawed
* 1/3 c. maple-flavored or pancake syrup
* 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
* 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
* 1 green onion, thinly sliced
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Coat chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until done.
3. Meanwhile, spray both sides of waffles with cooking spray. Gently fold each in half; secure with wooden toothpick. Place on separate baking sheet. Add to oven to bake with chicken for the last 8 min. Mix syrup, barbecue sauce and Sriracha sauce until blended.
4. Remove toothpicks from waffles. Place chicken strips in waffle shells; top with syrup mixture and onions.