RECIPES & MEALS
BBQ Turkey Chili
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Hr.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. oil
* 2 onions, finely chopped
* 1 each red and yellow pepper, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/4 c. chili powder
* 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
* 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
* 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
* 1 lb. each ground turkey and hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
* 1/2 c. beer
* 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
* 1 can (15 oz.) each kidney and pinto beans, rinsed
* 3/4 c. KRAFT Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce
* 1-3/4 c. KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
What to do:
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, peppers, garlic and seasonings; stir. Cook 10 min., stirring frequently.
2. Add meat; mix well, using back of spoon to break sausage into smaller pieces. Cook 5 min. or until meat is done, stirring frequently. Add beer; stir to scrape any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Spoon into slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Stir in tomatoes, beans and barbecue sauce; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours.)
4. Serve topped with cheese.