RECIPES & MEALS
Couscous and Corn Salad
Courtesy of Wheat Foods Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
Chill Time: 1 Hr.
What you need:
* 1 10-oz. box couscous
* 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (used to prepare couscous)
* 3/4 c. canned dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
* 3/4 c. chopped fresh or canned whole tomatoes, drained
* 3/4 c. salsa
* 1/3 c. whole kernel corn
* 1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 tsp. cumin
What to do:
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions using 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in place of margarine. Cool. Transfer couscous to mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Chill 1 to 2 hours.
* Variation: Substitute roasted garlic and olive oil couscous for the plain couscous.
Calories: 235; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 48g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 347mg;