RECIPES & MEALS
Monster Mash Meatball Soup
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 package (16 oz.) frozen fully cooked beef meatballs
* 1 c. frozen vegetable mixture, such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
* 2 c. water
* 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz.) ready to serve beef broth
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
* 3/4 c. uncooked Halloween pasta shapes
What to do:
1. Combine frozen vegetables, water, broth, tomatoes and pasta in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
2. Meanwhile microwave meatballs according to package directions. Add meatballs to soup; simmer 3 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Garnish with spooky decorations, as desired (see Note).
* Note: Add your own Halloween pasta shapes and spooky decorations to this family favorite dish. Spooky Decorations:
* dairy Sour Cream Full Moon
* black olive Bats
* Parmesan Cheese Ghosts
* creepy croutons
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 483; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 4mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 1776mg;