RECIPES & MEALS
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough
* 1 (14-ounce) package frozen meatballs, (about 18 meatballs)
* 1/4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce, plus extra for dipping
* 1/2 c. (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 tsp. olive oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, spread each dough ball with your fingertips or the heel of your hand to make a 7- to 8-inch circle. Place half of the meatballs on each dough circle, forming a semicircle of filling on half of each dough circle and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Evenly distribute mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cheese over meatball halves. Fold dough over filling, forming half-moons. With your fingers or a fork, pinch edges together firmly to seal.
3. Place calzones on baking sheet and brush the top of each with 1 teaspoon oil. Pierce the tops 3 or 4 times with a fork or knife.
4. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until crust is golden. Serve with extra spaghetti sauce on the side.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.