RECIPES & MEALS
Creamy Chicken and Rice
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 3 Hr. 40 Min.
What you need:
* 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
* 10 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
* 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 2 c. water
* 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1/4 c. dry white wine or chicken broth
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. black pepper
What to do:
1. Remove seasoning mix packet from rice package; sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil; add chicken and cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
3. In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine rice, remaining seasoning mix, water, cream of chicken soup, wine, salt, and pepper; top with chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours, or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Serve chicken over rice.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.