RECIPES & MEALS
Red Velvet Pancakes
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 c. confectioners' sugar
* 3/4 c. plus 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 Tbsp. plus 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 c. pancake mix
* 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 c. granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 tsp. red food color
What to do:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar; mix well. Add remaining milk, the eggs, the remaining vanilla, and the food color; stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium-low heat. When griddle is hot, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form, then turn over and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve pancakes with cream cheese topping.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.