RECIPES & MEALS
Creamed Chipped Beef
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 2 (2.25-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-in. strips
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp. onion powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 2 c. milk
* 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 4 slice white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
What to do:
1. Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, onion powder, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in beef. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.