RECIPES & MEALS
This Fish Has Gone Nuts!
Courtesy of epicurious
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
For the Salmon:
* 2 6-oz. salmon fillets, halved
* 1/4 c. maple syrup
* 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
* fresh lemon juice
For the Lentil Soup:
* 1 c. red lentils
* 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
* 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
* 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 Tbsp. dried mint
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the salmon on baking sheets, and drizzle 1 tablespoon of maple syrup on top of each and top with a few walnuts. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is firm and lightly golden.
2. In a large pot, combine all ingredients and 2 cups of water and cook over moderately low heat for 45 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are soft. Let soup cool then blend with a handheld blender. Add a dash of lemon to taste. Serve with the fish.
From The 2014 Healthy Lunchtime Challenge Cookbook
Recipe Provided by Maliha Amarsi, Age 9
All Food Photography by Jeff Elkins of Jeff Elkins Photography for Epicurious
For more information, please visit epicurious.com
Calories: 479; Total Fat: 13g; Total Carbs: 48g; Protein: 32g;