RECIPES & MEALS
Shortcut Chow Chow Salad
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
* 2 c. water
* 1 c. apple cider vinegar
* 2 1/2 c. sugar
* 1/2 tsp. celery seed
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 c. frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into small pieces
* 2 c. frozen sliced carrots, thawed
* 2 c. frozen cut green beans, thawed
* 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cut yellow wax beans, drained
* 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 onion, coarsely chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
What to do:
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt to a boil; stir occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, onion, and bell pepper.
3. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.