RECIPES & MEALS
Creamy Onion Pie
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 50 Min.
What you need:
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 3 onions, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
* 1 pie crust (from a 15-ounce package), baked according to package directions
* 2 eggs
* 1 c. sour cream
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp. paprika
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 5 to 6 minutes, separating into rings; reduce heat to medium, cover, and saute 4 to 5 more minutes, or until tender. Place sauteed onions in pie crust.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle top with paprika.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.