RECIPES & MEALS
Chop Chop Chicken
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
* 3 1/2 c. hot cooked yellow rice
* 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1/2 c. chopped onion
* 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 clove garlic, minced
* 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
* 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 4 c. chopped grilled chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
* 1 1/2 c. shredded Colby-Jack cheese
* 1 c. salsa
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place rice in baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in black beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
3. Pour bean mixture over rice. Top evenly with chicken and cheese.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon salsa over cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.