RECIPES & MEALS
Roasted Fish Crispy Slaw Wrap
Courtesy of Recipes for Healthy Kids Cookbook for Homes
Prep Time: 50 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
* 2 1/2 c. fresh red cabbage, shredded
* 2 c. fresh white cabbage, shredded
* 1 1/2 c. fresh carrots, peeled, shredded
* 1 c. fresh bok choy, julienne cut "shoestring strips" 1/8-in.
* 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
* 3/4 c. low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
* 6 tilapia fish filets, raw, 4 oz. each
* 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 Tbsp. salt-free chili-lime seasoning blend
* 1 1/2 c. fresh romaine lettuce, julienne cut "shoestring strips" 1/8-in.
* 6 whole-wheat tortillas, 8-in.
* 6 slices fresh avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
* 6 quarters fresh limes, quartered
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine red and white cabbages, carrots, bok choy, cilantro, and balsamic dressing to make the slaw. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Place fish filets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt free seasoning blend. Roast uncovered at 375°F for 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F or higher and fish flakes with a fork. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature.
4. Remove fish from oven.
5. To assemble wrap: Place 1/4 cup lettuce on tortilla. Cut fish in half and place both pieces on top of lettuce. Add 1 cup cabbage slaw and a slice of avocado. Squeeze lime on top of mixture. Roll in the form of a burrito. Cut diagonally. Serve immediately.
For more recipes or information, please visit teamnutrition.usa.gov
Calories: 342; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 37g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 541mg;