RECIPES & MEALS
Courtesy of Recipes for Healthy Kids Cookbook for Homes
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
Chill Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
* 5 c. fresh sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
* 2 1/3 c. canned low-sodium garbanzo beans (chickpeas), with liquid
* 1/2 c. fresh green onions, finely chopped
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/2 tsp. onion powder
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place shredded potatoes on a large baking pan sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until slightly tender. Do not overcook.
3. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
4. In a food processor or blender, purée garbanzo beans, including the liquid, until smooth.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine shredded sweet potatoes, puréed garbanzo beans, green onions, vegetable oil, salt, garlic, pepper, onion powder, and cinnamon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 40-45 minutes to make tots easier to form.
6. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, roll 36 tots. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the tots with a spoon or a fork. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve hot.
For more recipes or information, please visit teamnutrition.usa.gov
Calories: 172; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 377mg;