RECIPES & MEALS
French Fried Pepper Rings
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 2 Min.
What you need:
* 4 green or red bell peppers (or a combination of both)
* vegetable oil for frying
* 1 1/2 c. milk
* 1 c. all-purpose flour
* 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
* 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt plus extra for sprinkling
What to do:
1. Slice tops off peppers and remove seeds; cut each pepper into 1/4-inch rings. Place 1 inch oil in a soup pot and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat milk, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Dip a few pepper rings into batter, allowing excess batter to drip back into bowl. Carefully place rings in oil one at a time; fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all pepper rings are fried, adding more oil as needed.
4. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately, or keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.