RECIPES & MEALS
Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
* 1 small onion, thinly sliced
* 3/4 lb. ground beef
* Salt to taste
* Pepper to taste
* 4 slices rye bread
* 4 slices Gouda cheese
* 1/4 c. Thousand Island salad dressing
What to do:
1. In a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; saute onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Remove to a bowl and cover.
2. Shape beef into 2 oval patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
4. Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place in skillet buttered side down, and toast until lightly browned.
5. To assemble a sandwich, place a slice of cheese on a piece of toast, top with a beef patty, half the onion slices, and half the salad dressing. Top with another slice of cheese and piece of toast; repeat with second sandwich, then serve immediately.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.