RECIPES & MEALS
Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Potatoes
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. pork tenderloin
* 1 envelope SHAKE 'N BAKEŽ Seasoned Coating Mix for Pork
* 3/4-1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. pieces
* 1/2 yellow onion, cut into 1-in. chunks
* 1/2 c. Italian dressing
* parsley, chopped, if desired
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly moisten pork tenderloin with water; coat with seasoned coating mix. Set aside while preparing vegetables. Discard any remaining coating mix.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl combine sweet potatoes, onion and dressing; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Place pork on top of vegetables. Roast for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of pork reads 145°F, stirring vegetables once. Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice pork; serve with vegetables, sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired.
* Create a family tradition of cooking and eating together. Also try this recipe using 1/2-inch pieces of butternut or acorn squash instead of sweet potatoes. Fix with Orange-Spinach Salad, warmed dinner rolls and brownies with caramel topping for dessert.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 531; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 71g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 1230mg;