RECIPES & MEALS
Irish Pork Stew
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 5 Min.
What you need:
* 2 lb. boneless blade pork roast, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
* 1/3 c. flour
* 1 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1 tsp. vegetable oil
* 8 baby red potatoes, quartered
* 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
* 4 large onions, peeled and sliced 1/2-in. thick
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 c. parsley, chopped
* 1 tsp. caraway seed
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 10 1/2-oz. can chicken broth
* 1 12-oz. bottle imported stout, OR beer
* 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
* 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
What to do:
1. In a bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork cubes. Heat oil in Dutch oven; brown meat over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
2. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally.
* Hearty and flavorful, this stew's flavor changes depending on what type of beer or stout you choose. Serve with samples of imported beers and a loaf of Irish soda bread.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 220; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 67mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 21g; Sodium: 653mg;