RECIPES & MEALS
Filete De Cerdo (Pork Tenderloin Caribbean)
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb. each
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
* 2 Tbsp. oil
* 1 small onion, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
* 1 c. chicken broth
* 1/2 c. dry white wine
* 1/2 c. pimento stuffed green olives, sliced
* 1/2 c. golden raisins
* 1/4 c. capers, well drained
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle tenderloins with salt and pepper. In a deep oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion until translucent. Add tenderloins and brown on all sides. Stir together remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and add to skillet. Cover with oven-proof lid or foil and place in oven.
2. Cook pork for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature as measured with a meat thermometer is 145°F. Remove from the oven, allow to rest 10 minutes before carving. Spoon sauce over tenderloin slices.
* Impress company with this tenderloin. Serve with Jasmine rice and fried plantain slices.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 219; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 814mg;