RECIPES & MEALS
Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 60 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Russet baking potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and shredded
* 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and shredded
* 1 Tbsp. salt
* 1 c. sugar
* 1/2 c. light corn syrup
* 1/4 c. water
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1 c. apple juice
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, place baking and sweet potatoes; sprinkle with salt. Add enough ice water to just cover potatoes and let stand 10 minutes. Drain potatoes well and place in baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and apple juice until butter is melted. Pour sugar mixture over potatoes.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through baking.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.