RECIPES & MEALS
Watermelon Toasted Jalapeno and Shrimp Pico de Gallo
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
* 1 Tbsp. minced seeded jalapeno
* 3 Tbsp. minced fresh shallots
* 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 3 limes (juice squeezed from the limes)
* 2 c. minced watermelon
* 2 c. chopped, cooked, cooled, and peeled and deveined shrimp
* 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
* 1 c. diced roasted red pepper
* ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Heat the oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the jalapeno, shallots, and garlic until golden and toasted around the edges.
2. Remove from heat and add soy sauce and cumin. Cool.
3. Scrape the cooled ingredients into a bowl and toss with lime juice, watermelon, shrimp, parsley and roasted pepper. Season with pepper to taste. Serve with chips and Margaritas, fish tacos or atop grilled salmon.
* Recipe Courtesy of The National Watermelon Promotion Board