RECIPES & MEALS
Watermelon Trio - Red Hot Blood Cleanser
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 2 c. watermelon chunks
* 1 small to medium beet, washed
* 1 apple, seeded and cut into cubes
* 1 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
* 1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on taste)
* 1/4 tsp. turmeric
What to do:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender, such as a Vitamix, with watermelon on the bottom. Turn blender on slow speed until watermelon has liquified, then increase speed and blend for 1 min. or until liquified.
* Watermelon contains two compounds, arginine and citrulline, that improve blood flow, while beets boost nitric oxide in the blood, a compound that helps relax blood vessels so that blood flows more freely. Combined with the
soluble fiber from the apples, the metabolism-boosting effect of cayenne, and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric that help reduce damage to blood vessel walls, this drink has it all, and your circulation and heart with thank you for it!
* Recipe Courtesy of The National Watermelon Promotion Board
Calories: 117; Saturated Fat: 0g; Fiber: 3g;