RECIPES & MEALS
Char-Grilled Florida Mahi-Mahi with Vegetables
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 4 6-oz. mahi-mahi fillets
* 16 fresh okras
* 2 zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-in. rounds
* 2 large yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-in. rounds
* 2 bell peppers, sliced large
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 12 grape tomatoes, for garnish
* 4 sprigs fresh Florida basil for garnish
What to do:
1. Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high. Add all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning blend to the sliced vegetables and mix lightly until coated. Lightly season the mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper. Carefully place the seasoned vegetables and fish on the hot grill. The vegetables should cook rather quickly; keep checking the underside of the vegetables for grill marks.
2. Flip over the vegetables and continue to work the grilling surface by moving the vegetables around to the hot spot for even cooking. Grill fillets over medium-high heat for 4 min. per side or until cooked through. The vegetables should have nice char-grill marks on them and the texture should be crisp-tender.
3. Remove the vegetables from the grill as they become your desired doneness. To serve, arrange an even amount of grilled vegetables on each plate. Add a fish fillet on top of the grilled vegetables. Garnish with grape tomatoes and fresh herbs.
* Recipe Courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.