RECIPES & MEALS
Roasted Potato & Fennel Salad
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Serve With:Servings: 8
This scaled recipe is great for parties or potlucks!
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Chill Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 14 small Idaho potatoes (about 3 lb.) quartered
* 3 bulbs fennel, cut into large dice
* 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
* 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
* 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh fennel greens
* 2 Tbsp. capers
* salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
1. To prepare the fennel and potatoes: Preheat the oven to 375°. Place the oil in a roasting pan and heat it in the oven until smoking hot. Add the potatoes and fennel and roast until the potatoes are tender, about 10 min. Place the potato mixture in a large bowl. Let cool about 5 min.
2. To prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, shallots, mustard, and vinegar. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until thick and emulsified. Add the fennel greens, tarragon, and capers, and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. To assemble the salad: Pour the dressing over the potatoes and fennel, and toss well. Adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve the salad warm, at room temperature, or cold.
* Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.