RECIPES & MEALS
Alaska Sole Capri
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 1 c. clam juice
* 1/4 c. dry white wine
* 2/3 c. slivered fresh basil
* 2/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 4 Alaska Sole fillets (4 to 6-oz. ea.), fresh, thawed, or frozen
* 1/2 Tbsp. butter
* lemon wedges, if desired
What to do:
1. Bring clam juice and wine to a boil in a large (12-in.) nonstick pan; stir in basil and tomatoes. Cook down slightly. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm.
2. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Sole fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray then heat butter over medium-high heat. Add sole fillets; cook 2 to 3 min. until browned.
3. Gently turn fillets over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 3 min. (Reduce cook time by half for fresh or thawed fillets.) Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
4. Spoon 1/3 c. of topping over fillets to serve.
Cook's Tip: Alaska Pollock or Cod fillets can be substituted for Alaska Sole, just adjust the cook time for smaller fillets if necessary.
Calories: 130; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 57mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 500mg;