RECIPES & MEALS
Curried Corn and Pepper Chowder (GF)
Courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1/2 c. finely chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1/4 c. minced shallots
* 2 tsp. curry powder, or to taste
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 3 c. fresh corn or one 16-oz. bag frozen corn, thawed (about 3 c.)
* 1c. vegetable stock
* 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
* 3 c. plain, unflavored soymilk
* 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 min. Add the shallots during the last min; stir until tender but not browned. Add the curry powder and salt; stir for 1 min.
2. Stir in the corn, vegetable stock, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 min.
3. Transfer 2 c. of the corn mixture to a blender or food processor. Add 1 c. of the soy milk. Process until the mixture is nearly smooth. Pour the puréed mixture into the saucepan; stir in the remaining soy milk. Stir gently over medium heat until the mixture is heated through, about 5 min. Sprinkle each serving with 2 Tbsp. cheese.
Calories: 326; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 16mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 15g; Sodium: 594mg;