RECIPES & MEALS
Almost Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 1/2 c. soy flour (35% protein)
* 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
* 1/4 c. powdered sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* pinch salt
* 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
* 1/4 c. soy oil
* 3 Tbsp. water
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
What to do:
1. Sift soy flour, all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt into medium mixing bowl. Stir in 1/2 c. of the chocolate chips.
2. Melt the second 1/2 c. of chocolate chips in microwave or in bowl over hot water. Stir in oil, water and vanilla. Stir melted chocolate mixture into flour mixture until well blended. Using a 1-oz. cookie scoop, or by rounded teaspoonful, drop cookies onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Using back of a fork, press down twice to create a criss cross pattern.
3. In small bowl stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle a pinch over each cookie. Bake 10 min. Remove from baking sheet. Let cool 2 min., then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
* You can blend the soy oil with olive oil depending how much of a background olive oil flavor you like.
*It is almost vegan. The chocolate does have a small amount of milk product in it.