RECIPES & MEALS
Island Lamb Teriyaki Sticks
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 6-8 Min.
Marinate: 4 Hr.
What you need:
* 2 lb. American Lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into strips, 1-in. wide, 1/2-in. thick
* 1 c. soy sauce
* 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
* 1/4 c. canola oil
* 1/4 c. white vinegar
* 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 2 tsp. sesame seeds
* 2 tsp. ground ginger
* 1 tsp. salt
* 24 water chestnuts
* 24 pineapple chunks
* 24 cherry tomatoes
* 12 in. bamboo skewers, soaked in water
What to do:
1. Place strips of lamb in shallow dish. In bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger and salt; reserve 1/4 c. marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade over lamb. Cover and refrigerate meat for 4 to 12 hr., turning occasionally.
2. To assemble teriyaki sticks, remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. Thread lamb rips on bamboo skewers accordion-fashion alternately with water chestnuts, pineapple chunks and cherry tomatoes.
3. Grill over medium-hot coals. Cook 4-in. above coals for 6 to 8-min. or until desired degree of doneness, brushing occasionally with marinade. Turn teriyaki sticks frequently during cooking time. Serve immediately.
* Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board
Calories: 417; Calories From Fat: 45; Total Fat: 21g; Cholesterol: 81mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 987mg;