RECIPES & MEALS
Barbecue Lamb Pita Pizza
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 c. chopped bell pepper
* 1 c. chopped onion
* 1 lb. ground American Lamb
* 4 tsp. garlic salt
* 2 c. bottled barbecue sauce, divided
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 8 pita breads (5 to 7-in.)
* 8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
* 1 c. shredded provolone cheese
What to do:
1. Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 2 min. Add lamb, garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
2. In bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Add 1 c. barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb. Spread 2 Tbsp. remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread. 3. Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 c. lamb mixture. Sprinkle each pita with 2 Tbsp. cheese.
4. Bake in 400°F oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.
* May be served as an appetizer. Yield--64 servings.
* Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board
Calories: 399; Total Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Total Carbs: 49g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 18g; Sodium: 1405mg;