RECIPES & MEALS
Sweet Potato Foil Packet Tacos
Courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
* 1/2 lb. ground turkey
* 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
* 1/2 c. tomato sauce
* 1(15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 2-3 medium)
* 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
* 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
* 1-1/2 c. fresh chopped spinach
* 1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground meat. Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce and beans; set aside.
3. Lay out six 12-in. long pieces of aluminum foil; spray each piece with non-stick spray.
4. In the center of a piece of foil, place 1 c. of sweet potatoes, 1 tsp. butter, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/4 c. spinach, 1/3 c. taco meat and 1/4 c. of cheese.
5. Fold sides of foil in over the mixture; fold the top and bottom ends of the foil inward and seal. Repeat with remaining foil and ingredients.
6. Place packets on rimmed cookie sheet; bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 25 min.
7. Serve with sour cream or guacamole.
* Winner in the 2011 Sweet n' Healthy Blogger Recipe Contest; Perry's Plate