RECIPES & MEALS
Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
Courtesy of www.eatchicken.com
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 18 Min.
What you need:
* 4 lb. chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
* 3/4 c. apricot preserves
* 2 garlic cloves, mashed
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
* 1/4 c. soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
* juice from one lime, about 2 Tbsp.
* 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 tsp. cumin
* 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
* fresh lime wedges for garnish
What to do:
1. Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high. In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin; process until smooth. Add chives.
2. Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 min. Turn, and grill for another 5-6 min. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about 1 min., and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 min. Wings should register 170ºF when tested with an instant read thermometer.
3. Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges.
* For more chicken recipes visit www.eatchicken.com
Calories: 670; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Total Carbs: 42g; Protein: 49g;