RECIPES & MEALS
Turkey Sausage Pizza
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. turkey sausage
* 1 pkg. (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
* 1 c. pizza sauce
* 2 c. part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
What to do:
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute sausage until no longer pink; drain.
2. Prepare crust according to pkg. directions for round pizza. Evenly spread pizza sauce over crust. Evenly sprinkle sausage over pizza sauce. Top with cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
3. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 10-15 min. or until cheese is melted and edge of crust is lightly browned.
* Recipe Source: Recipe by The National Turkey Federation.
Calories: 373; Total Fat: 17g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 980mg;