RECIPES & MEALS
Skillet Steaks with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 1 to 1-1/4 lb. beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1-in. thick
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* 3 c. assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki and morel)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
* 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
* Kosher salt and pepper
What to do:
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 clove minced garlic; cook and stir 2-4 min. or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove; keep warm.
2. Combine thyme and remaining garlic; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 8-11 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter.
3. Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Top with mushrooms.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 195; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 71mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 8mg;