RECIPES & MEALS
Tuna Apple Tortilla Wraps
Courtesy of U.S. Apple Association
Serve With:Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 2 tortillas (8-inches each)
* 2 Tbsp. spread, such as herbed cream cheese, pureed roasted peppers, or hummus
* 1 large sweet-tart apple, washed, cored, and thinly sliced
* 1 can (6 1/2 oz.) tuna in water, drained
* 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise or sour cream
* freshly ground pepper, to taste
* 2 scallions with green tops, cut in half then sliced lengthwise
* mild curry powder (optional)
What to do:
1. Place the tortillas on dinner plates and spread each with 1 Tbsp. of the spread of your choice. Arrange apple slices down the center of the tortillas, staying well within 1 inch from the edges.
2. In a small bowl, flake the tuna and combine with the mayonnaise and pepper. Spoon the tuna mixture over the apple slices. Sprinkle with a dash of mild curry powder, if desired. Top with the scallions.
4. Roll the wraps from front to back and serve immediately. To take along in a lunch box or brown bag, wrap securely in plastic wrap or place in a resealable plastic bag.
Calories: 360; Total Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 549mg;