RECIPES & MEALS
Honey-Dijon Alaska Salmon with Asparagus and Walnuts
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1/4 c. honey
* 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
* 1 Tbsp. melted butter
* 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6-oz.each), fresh, frozen or thawed
* 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears
* 1/3 c. chopped walnuts
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13x9x2-in. baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® aluminum foil. Combine honey, mustard, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place salmon portions in center of foil-lined pan. Arrange asparagus around salmon. Sprinkle with walnuts; drizzle with reserved sauce.
3. Roast 26 to 30 min. for frozen salmon or 20 to 22 min. for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
4. Note: For best texture, select thinner asparagus spears when cooking with fresh/thawed fish or thicker spears with frozen fish.
Calories: 415; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 138mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 40g; Sodium: 350mg;