RECIPES & MEALS
Alaska Salmon Salad Monterey
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 MIn.
What you need:
* 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6-oz. ea.), fresh, thawed or frozen
* 1-1/2 Tbsp. olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
* salt and pepper
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1-1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
* 1-1/2 tsp. snipped chives
* 1 tsp. honey
* 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
* 1 pkg. (10 oz.) ready-to-eat salad greens
* 1 c. seedless red grapes, halved
* 1/4 to 1/3 c. walnuts, toasted and chopped
What to do:
1. Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon on a spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill. Cook salmon 4 in. from heat for 12 to 15 min. for frozen salmon OR 8 to 9 min. for fresh/thawed fish, turning once during cooking. Season with salt and pepper after turning. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
3. For dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, and mustard in a shaker jar. Cover and shake well.
4. In large bowl, toss together salad greens, grapes and half of toasted walnuts. Spoon salad mixture onto four dinner plates. Place one piece of salmon over each salad. Shake dressing; drizzle over each salad. Sprinkle salads with reserved walnuts. Garnish with fresh chives, grape clusters and/or lemon slices as desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 390; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 126mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 37g; Sodium: 121mg;