RECIPES & MEALS
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
Courtesy of Campbell's® Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* vegetable cooking spray
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-in. pieces (about 1-lb.)
* 3-1/2 c. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 c. uncooked regular long grain white rice
* 1 can (11-oz.) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
* 1 c. Pace® Chunky Salsa
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
* 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
* Crisp tortilla chips
What to do:
1. Spray a 6-qt. saucepot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 min. Add the chicken to the saucepot. Cook until it's browned, stirring often.
2. Stir the broth, cumin and rice in the saucepot. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 min.
3. Stir the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice in the saucepot. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving of soup with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
* Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 min. or until golden.
Calories: 228; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 20g; Sodium: 1038mg;